Large amounts of sequencing data have been generated using various NGS technologies in the maize community. Yet not all of them have been extensively studied. We believe that published data can be repurposed to answer different questions. Public data curated by domain experts (better to be the data generators) is critical for their re-usage. Past research experience has taught us that data tweaking and hammering is tedious work. We believe researchers should spend more of their time on developing and testing hypothesis rather than processing, formatting, and reformatting raw data.
With this platform, we are trying to bring
data producers, and version controlled
But we are not intend to replace current database systems. Neither do we want to host or quality checking the published data.
The major purposes of this platform are:
- Pointing the existing data sets.
- Providing peer curated and reproducible data processing pipelines and/or standards.
- Learning, discussing, and improving data analyzing practices.
How does it work?
This platform, including the source codes of this website, can be open accessed via ZeaBigData hosted on github.
To minimize the maintenance load, users from the community can directly access the site,
write a post (using a very simple
markdown language, see instruction) or make comments.
We are proudly supported by maize researchers from:
We have got computational support from XSEDE:
- PI: Jinliang Yang, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Request: Recount RNA-seq reads on AGPv4 genome to facilitate genetic studies for maize community
- Request Number: BIR170001
- End Date: 2018-02-05
What can you contribute?
- Serve as a volunteer for site maintenance.
- Send links to point us the
raw dataor processed versions.
technic poststo summarize data statistics.
pipelines poststo share your data analyzing pipelines.
- Edit or review
- Correct typos and grammar errors.
- Check data and/or test pipelines.
- Use the data for your own research.
How to contribute?
Follow this post.